A few days ago, I blogged about a couple of beanies I had made, and I also mentioned a third one. Here it is!
The beanie is very easy to sew. It was a quick experiment that turned out to have a nice result, I think. Cute!
This is what I did:
Here’s the sketch of the pattern for the other beanie, size 50 cm:
I copied one of the columns by drawing from the top and downwards. but instead of drawing angles to make “a house”, I went on in the same oblique/skrå direction and then making a curve, like this:
I cut six panels and stitched them together. Then stitched the rib band to a circle, folded it/ironed it lengthwise and stitched it to the beanie.
Instead of having a 2 cm wide rib band (finished width), I made it 3 cm wide. I also made it a little bit shorter than the rib in the other beanies, 85% of head circumference using Stoff og Stil-rib. That gives length 42,5 cm without seam allowances.
Fabric: Jersey from textart.no (designed by Johanna Ahlard). Rib from Stoff og Stil.
By the way: Here is a photo of our little girl trying the second beanie at the end of the photoshoot. Guess what happened next, haha…